Thursday 25 September 2014

Værøy Jack Snipe

Here is the first instalment of pictures from yesterday. I took so many pictures of the Jack Snipe that it has taken ages to go through them. It wasn’t easy to choose the best ones so I’m posting quite a few plus a video.

Jack Snipe (kvartbekkasin) at 2 metres range and 500 mm lens. Note the fly on its head

Taken with a 36mm lens! You can see my reflection in its eye.
Here is the video I took- It should of course read less than 30 cm range:


good camo!
just visible


when I first found the bird it had pressed its head down into the coarse grass and had it poking in it eye - looks incredibly uncomfortable!!





with the grass sticking in its eye


I received an MMS today with this picture of the bird I didn’t twitch yesterday – thanks Erling Lind!





No comments:

Post a Comment