Wednesday 4 November 2015

Fog

It is that time of the year when fog can hang over Oslo for the whole day and it has been like that the last two days. I paid Fornebu a visit after lunch today hoping that the fog would have burnt off - which it hadn't - but visibility was just about acceptable.

One of the very first birds I heard was a (the) Kingfisher which was calling from within the reedbed. It took quite a while before I saw it and then only briefly in flight but I heard it calls every now and again over the next hour and a half. Also two Water Rails calling from different areas of the reedbed and quite a few Redpolls and Siskins feeding in the birches.

No sign of any Bearded Tits although I reckon they are still in the area. Tits have generally had a terrible breeding season so I was surprised to have a large feeding flock of Blue Tits (20) and Great Tits (12) which I assume are local birds as there has been no reports suggestion any immigration.

I took absolutely zero bird photos today but did take a photo of a dew covered spiders web (it was afterall haloween a couple of days ago...)

No comments:

Post a Comment