Saturday 6 February 2016

Owls

I was recently challenged on Facebook to post a bird picture a day over the course of a week. I accepted the challenge and decided to post a different species of owl from Norway each day. For those of you who've not seen them on FB, here are the pictures. All the pictures are already on the blog but with some I've improved the original picture, for example I've lightened up the shadows on the Ural Owl.
And as a bonus there are also three owl species that didn't make the final FB cut.

Great Grey Owl (lappugle)
Ural Owl (slagugle)
Tengmalm's Owl (perleugle)
 
Long-eared Owl (hornugle)
Tawny Owl (kattugle)
Hawk Owl (haukugle)
Pygmy Owl (spurveugle)


So I managed pictures of seven species of owl taken in Norway and there are still three species that I have not shown. Here are the three remaining species but my pictures are not so good.

Snowy Owl (snøugle)

Eagle Owl (hubro)
Short-eared Owl (jorduge) together with a Marsh Harrier (sivhauk)


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, lovely post, and just helped me identify a Hawk Owl seen on a ski trip to Norway this week. The sighting left me quite confused, as unlike any owl I've ever seen before.

    ReplyDelete